Thursday, December 5, 2013

Share the Gospel Online infograph


online missionary gospel


 

I created this poster (and this blog) in hopes that it could be spread around pinterest or facebook to help people understand some ideas on how to share the gospel online. I was inspired by the infographics that the church has done (see here).  Obviously, I am not a professional and never took an advertising class, I would love to see if anyone else could create something better.
 
I feel that so often people do not understand what is effective and what is not effective in online missionary work. Someday, I intend to write a blog on all I know but as of now I don't know a lot so I am doing what I can to teach other members what I do know about sharing the gospel online.
 
The way I see missionary work is broken into two categories:
First, by going to other people and preaching to them. This would be traditionally knocking on doors or contacting in the street. If we convert this into an online setting this would be sending facebook friends invites to Mormon.org or repeatedly sharing Mormon messages or other gospel related things without a personal note. Success from this is probably very limited.
 
On the other hand the second category that I believe is more successful is when people search us out to learn the gospel and we teach from what they are interested in. Traditionally, this would be when friends ask members questions or when someone randomly shows up at church. I think this happens online when people search in google and they find a site in what they are interested in and then read about it.  That is why I think Elder Ballard has spoken often about blogging because then readers would be coming to you instead of you going to them.
 
However, we need people to spread links online for the church websites and other church oriented sites because it will optimize those links for google searches. So even if you just sharea  facebook post or pin things on pinterest it will help others find the church on google searches more often.
 
But there are many ways to share the gospel and so I tried to create this poster and this blog to teach some of the other ways.


No comments :

Post a Comment